Buy Holyoke Now is a collaborative effort by an extensive network of lenders, non-profit groups, Real Estate Professional , attorneys, insurance agents, and home inspectors, who have gathered together to provide discounted costs and other incentives to help encourage homeownership in the City of Holyoke. Each of the professionals participating in this program has committed time, energy, and resources to help you, the potential homebuyer, realize the dream of homeownership. As a professional community, we realize that homeownership is a stabilizing factor for individuals, families, and communities. We are proud to collaborate in this effort to encourage homeownership in the City of Holyoke.
MassHousing – MassHousing Loan Program
A MassHousing Mortgage offers competitive interest rates with low down payment options. This affordable loan from the state’s affordable housing bank is just right for first-time home buyers as well as those looking to move up or refinance. With its flexible underwriting and fixed-rate financing, it’s the perfect mortgage loan for low- and moderate-income households.
- Up to 97% financing with no cash required on single family homes and condos
- Safe, fixed-rate
- Maximum income limits as high as $123,120 (varies by city or town)
- If mortgage insurance is required, MIPlus™ mortgage insurance helps pay the mortgage in case of job loss
- No MI options
- Approved community second mortgages allowed
- 30- to 75-day rate locks available
- Conventional appraisal guidelines
- Non-traditional credit allowed
- MassHousing is not a direct lender. By obtaining a MassHousing loan through one of the Buy Springfield Now participating lenders you may get a lower interest rate than anywhere in Massachusetts.
Once your loan closes, your loan payments will be made to MassHousing, an in-state, customer-oriented service provider.
Ask one of these participating lenders about a MassHousing Mortgage:
MassHousing’s Conventional Loan Program for Active Duty Members of the US Armed Services, Veterans, Reservists, and Gold Star Families MassHousing has created a new conventional loan product that combines a traditional 97% LTV Fannie Mae, 30-year, fixed-rate first mortgage, with up to 3% zero interest deferred second mortgage, to create a conventional loan for veterans with all of the same features and benefits as a traditional VA loan.
- Up to 100% financing on single family homes and condos
- Up to 98% financing on two and three family properties
- Competitive interest rates and fees
- Conventional loan fees and closing costs
- Simple and easy mortgage process and procedures
- Up to 105% maximum CLTV with use of eligible community second programs offered by city/towns and non-profits
- No special property or appraisal requirements, condos follow conventional guidelines
- Non-spouse co-borrowers allowed
- For multi-family properties: projected rental income may be factored into total income for determining eligibility
- MIPlus™ unemployment benefits for eligible Reservists and National Guard Members called to active duty
To find out more about MassHousing, please contact:
* All loans subject to credit approval. Other restrictions may apply. Applicants are subject to complete underwriting based on program guidelines, not all applicants will qualify.