Buy Holyoke Now is a collaborative effort by an extensive network of lenders, non-profit groups, Real Estate Professional , attorneys, insurance agents, and home inspectors, who have gathered together to provide discounted costs and other incentives to help encourage homeownership in the City of Holyoke. Each of the professionals participating in this program has committed time, energy, and resources to help you, the potential homebuyer, realize the dream of homeownership. As a professional community, we realize that homeownership is a stabilizing factor for individuals, families, and communities. We are proud to collaborate in this effort to encourage homeownership in the City of Holyoke.
MassHousing – MassHousing Loan Program
- May be used to purchase condominiums and 1- to 4-family homes.
- Up to 97% financing, 30-year fixed rate payments.
- No first-time homebuyer restrictions.
- Earn up to $93,555
- Ample loan limits ($417,000/1-Family, $533,850/2-Family, $645,300/3-Family, $801,950/4-Family).
- Lower monthly mortgage insurance costs.
- Mortgage insurance, if needed, carries up to 6 months of mortgage payment protection if a job loss or layoff occurs.
- $150.00 grants to be used towards closing costs.
- Up to 97% financing with NO MI.
- Reduced interest rate to borrowers that earn 80% or less of their cities medium income.
Some of the Buy Holyoke Now Participating Lenders have agreed to participate as a MassHousing lender. This means they will originate and process a MassHousing Loan for you in some cases at a lower interest rate than anywhere in Massachusetts and provide you with all the stability and features of the MassHousing Loan Program.
*After your loan closes with the participating lender, your loan payments will be made to MassHousing, a trusted customer-oriented, service provider.
Participating Lenders for the MassHousing Mortgage Program:
Home for the Brave Loan Program
- 100% financing; no down payment required.
- Extended term fixed-rate financing.
- Loans may be used to purchase or refinance a home; you do not need to be a first-time homebuyer to qualify.
- Loans feature mortgage insurance with MI Plus, a unique protection that helps pay the mortgage in case of job loss or deployment.
- Funds are available through the Veterans Administration for accessibility upgrades.
- Up to $1,500.00 in grant money to be used for closing costs.
MassHousing’s Home for the Brave loan program provides affordable, no down payment mortgages for veterans of the U.S. Armed Services living inMassachusetts.
Any Buy Holyoke Now homebuyer who is a qualified veteran or active member of the military who buys a home with a Participating Lender portfolio loan with MassHousing mortgage insurance will receive a $1,500 closing cost assistance grant.
Visit the Home for the Brave website.
Participating Lenders for the Home for the Brave Loan Program: