The city of Holyoke is dedicated to Home ownership. Here are some of the great incentives the City of Holyoke has to offer.
The Borrower’s Assistance Program (BAP) is a program administered by the Holyoke Housing Authority that can help first-time buyers who are purchasing a home in Holyoke with downpayment/closing cost expenses.
- To be eligible for assistance the borrower must:
- Be income eligible-not make more than 80% of the area median income.
- Be a first-time homebuyer-have not owned a home within the past three years
- Be purchasing a single home in the city of Holyoke
- Have completed an approved first-time homebuyer education workshop series
- Be in need of BAP assistance in order to purchase a home
If the borrower remains in the home for five years the loan is forgiven.
We offer a variety of special programs for home and business owners, that allow you to save both energy and money. Click below to learn more.
- New Gas Service Incentives
- Residential Energy Conservation Program
- First-time Homeowner Program
- Commercial Assistance Program
- Economic Development Discounts
٭ HOMEOWNER ASSISTANCE
Neighborhood Improvement Program (NIP): Up to 60% matching grants for home improvements in 1-4 unit, owner-occupied properties. Income eligibility requirements. Administered through Olde Holyoke Development Corporation. Call 413-533-7101 for details.
٭ RENTAL PROPERTY ASSISTANCE
Rental Neighborhood Improvement Program (RNIP): Low interest loans for 3+ unit rental property improvements, including lead paint abatement’s, new heating systems, etc. Administered through Olde Holyoke Development Corporation. Call 413-533-7101 for details.
٭ BUYER ASSISTANCE
Buyer Assistance Program (BAP): Help with down payment and/or closing costs for income eligible, first time home buyers. See the Holyoke Housing Authority above.
Contact the Office for Community Development at 322-5610 or visit our website here http://www.holyoke.org/departments/community-development/ for further information on these and other programs.